Tuesday, May 28, 2013

German Chocolate Pudding

So last time I made chocolate pudding, I did not point it out to anyone, but it tasted a little powdery. It was good, but left room for improvement... Lately I have been short on money, but the last 3 days with all of the hiking that I have down or who knows what I have been craving sweets... but not caved to buy anything... rather I have made a few things here and there... I noticed the stamp date on my milk was yesterday, and there were about 4 cups left, so I began to think...  and re-create... I had some German Chocolate baker squares I found at the dollar store earlier this year... so... here is what became of it...

German Chocolate pudding...

In large enough pan add:

3 c whole milk
1 c sugar
2 oz of Baker's German chocolate 
(half of the box)
2 T of cocoa 

Bring to a light boil at medium heat.

While the first pan heats, in small bowel whisk: 

1 c whole milk
2 t vanilla
1 t salt
3 egg yolks
6 t of corn starch

Once the pan comes to a boil gradually add small parts of the the cold mixture in, whisking fast while adding. 

The flavor of this pudding turned out really good, but there were small pieces of egg that had cooked  before beating in, and I probably should have cooked it a bit longer because it did not set up fully... even this morning when I had some for breakfast... Anyways the flavor was good enough, the lack of powder flavor was gone, so I enjoyed it ;-) Maybe next time I'll use the same ingredients, but once the chocolate mixture boils gradually pour it in as my kitchen aid beats everything, then return it to the stove for a boil? We'll see ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment