Monday, June 10, 2013

Blueberry Muffins

This is a pretty solid go-to recipe for me when I have to make some sort of breakfast item to take somewhere. It's a basic recipe for muffins, and I have changed it around by adding different fruits, nuts, oatmeal, and seeds, depending on what I have on hand. They are a little sweeter than the one Mom makes, but I don't think they are just right!

1 3/4 C Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 C Sugar (could be reduced)
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Egg, beaten
3/4 C Milk (I have used almond milk here)
1/4 C Oil
2/3 C Fresh or Frozen Blueberries

 Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin. Preheat oven to 400.
 Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowel. Set aside.
 In another bowel, combine milk, oil and egg. Add all at once to flour mixture.Fold in until just barely moistened throughout. Fold in blueberries (or other mix-ins)
 Spoon batter about two-thirds full into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for about 18 minutes at 400 until lightly golden and toothpick comes out clean. Cool at least 5 minutes and serve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment