Thursday, October 10, 2013

Blondies

My roommate is in charge of ward prayer, which means we make a lot of treats around here. I am always surprised when I take these to something at how many people really like them. Not that they aren't good, but when I took them a week ago, I think I got asked for the recipe from about 8 people. Considering there where only about 30 people there, it was more than I would have guessed. They don't take a lot of work to make either. So next time you have to take a dessert to something, try these.

Blondies (Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook)

2 cups packed brown sugar
2/3 cup butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1 cup chopped nuts (We used hazelnuts)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9 baking pan; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat brown sugar and butter over medium heat until butter melts and the mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Cool slightly. Stir in eggs one at a time; stir in vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder and baking soda.

Spread batter in prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (avoid chocolate chips). Cool slightly on wire rack. Cut into bars while warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment