Sunday, February 17, 2013

Leftover Roast Beef



Sweet and Sour Leftover Roast Beef
I varied this recipe to meet my own taste and to reduce the volume as I was making it for only one person.  I did substitute a large carrot for the green pepper as I am not fond of green peppers.

1 C. diced roast beef or pork
1 onion, sliced lengthwise
1 clove garlic, crushed (I used about 3)
Oil
½ C. water
½ Tbs cornstarch
½ Tbs vinegar
1 Tbs soy sauce (I used Aloha brand)
1 Tbs brown sugar
1 green pepper (I substituted one large carrot, julienned)
1 tsp Accent (I did not add this)

Additionally, I would add mushrooms, maybe water chestnuts, maybe ginger, or any of a myriad of other possibilities.

Heat frying pan (recipe calls for a heavy frying pan; I used a 12” non-stick frying pan.)
Add oil, meat, garlic, and onion cook until onions caramelize
Mix water and cornstarch, add to pan
Add remaining ingredients
Cook for 20 minutes
Serve with rice (used noodles)

No comments:

Post a Comment