Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Dinner

I pretty much love pumpkin dinner. Ashley used to make it when I lived with her, which is when I got the recipe. I get excited when pumpkins start showing up at grocery stores because it means I can make pumpkin dinner. I have also made just the filling and put it in a 13x9 with cut up butternut squash put it on top. It's still pretty good even if isn't in a pumpkin : )
1 onion chopped
1/2 -1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of chicken
2 TBS soy sauce
2 TBS Brown sugar
2 C cooked rice

Clean out pumpkin. Salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Saute onions. Add meat and brown. Drain grease. Add remaining ingredients except rice and simmer 8-10 minutes. Add rice and simmer another 5 minutes. Put mixture in pumpkin and bake for 1 hour at 350.

2 comments:

  1. One of my all-time favorite Ashley dishes and pumpkin dish. I think I'm going to make this tomorrow:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, when eating do you cut or scoop out? And does the pumpkin just flavor it or do you eat it with the mixture?

    ReplyDelete