Thursday, December 12, 2013

Biscuits

My birthday this year was really quite wonderful this year. We decorated our house for Christmas. Emily took me out to dinner. And I had a party in the evening. I don't generally like parties, but this one was so fun! More on that with another post, but for now, let talk breakfast. I love biscuits. I know, they aren't the most exciting food, but I really love them. Topped with a little homemade jam or freshly made chunky applesauce...mmm! I make the same recipe Mom does, but I usually use butter instead of the shortening because I am too lazy to wash a measuring cup with shortening goo on it. I really think biscuits are the perfect breakfast for fall or winter mornings.

3 C Flour
1/3 C Butter (can use shortening)
1 TBS Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Salt
1 C milk (about)

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter or shortening until small clumps form. Add milk. Roll out and cut rounds into biscuits. Bake on an ungreased pan at 450 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment