Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spinach-Orzo Ensalata

I pretty much don't like salad, but for some reason I really like this one. Apparently its one they make at Macaroni Grill, but I don't eat there enough to know. I used a wild rice mix instead of the orzo and it was really good. I still can't decide if I like the capers, but they are easy enough to leave out.

Salad
1 C uncooked orzo pasta or wild rice.
10 C spinach, chopped
1 pkg fresh basil, cut into ribbons
2 tomatoes, diced small
1 can olives, sliced
2 oz capers
1/2 C raw pine nuts
Optional: Parmesan to taste (I didn't add this)

Cook pasta or rice. Toss all ingredients. Add dressing to taste.

Dressing
1/4 C lemon juice
1/4 C orange juice
1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs Soy sauce
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
2 TBS honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbs dried dill weed

Blend and pour over salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment